Skip to main content

The ways stamping becomes part of the home! Create photo memories of your hobby.

You know, I love taking pictures of just plain things around our home - they're snapshots of how we are living today, for us to view tomorrow!  I've been doing it now for a really long time. And I am fond of looking at them from time to time - just little postcard reminders of a time now past.






Like long ago, I took a picture of my daughter's tiny shoes placed next to mine by the door.  Or how a vase of flowers was by the kitchen sink - with a flower in it that she brought home from school. Those are esp. fun to see now.

Sometimes, its just a mess of my craft supplies - a table setting, a little vignette of personal belongings grouped together in the china cabinet....once I took a picture of myself peering through a clear vase filled with blue tinted water. The vase's shape curved my face - it was one of the more interesting portraits of myself because it was just whimsically goofy - something I am sure my daughter will laugh at in years to come.

I do try to convince everyone to let their guard down and let us take pictures of each other in everyday moments - as you come out after a shower in a housecoat and your hair wrapped in a towel -- its more 'you' that speaks to your close family than any fancy portrait taken in a studio.

See, this is me.....photo op for a craft event I was doing...


But so is this...I look like this making up projects in the wee hours...




But often, I decorate things in my home - or leave messages - or even like in my earlier post, make entire projects with my rubber stamps, my tools, inks and ribbons, etc. And they become an integral part of my life ---for a time!   And by taking a snapshot of them, seals that particular time making a little " time capsule" called my photo collection!

Here is what I mean....our two keychain/door passes that I decorated, side by side....


And also, our dog's biscuit jar that I put stickers on....


Or for awhile, when we first got the dog, I made these signs and posted them everywhere, lol....even on my daughter's bathroom mirror, lol!


Now, I've made her a small clipboard center - where she can keep those darn ID tags and cards she needs - and can't find at the last minute!   It's got a little post it note pad - so technically, its a message center!  She also said, I needed to go outside my 'usual' colour choices - well, I hope she got her wish! ha ha ....


The family unit! 


My own 'reminder' systems....





Another stamper friend and I taking pictures of each other!



Look - I'm stamping last minute - on the bus!  I am so proud of myself, I took my own picture to prove it, lol!




Look - one day, this will remind me of all the ribbon I started to collect....a scrapbook moment! 



And my little 'Bee' mascot watching on during a class...it's Beverly's Stamping Beehive after all! 


Now that Stampin' Up! has clear blocks and repositionable rubber stamps - pictures like this will be less often!  

I'm sure my daughter will be pleased to be reminded of when we held a craft event at Ronald MacDonald House at christmas time....



So, however you wish to do it....just take pictures of all sorts of things in those quiet times, the crazy-paced times, and of things that seem quite ordinary - and anything to do about your hobby -  because after all, it is a collection of what we are!  And just see if you don't find a way to put it together in a scrapbook!  I double-dare ya!

Have a great week-end!  Be Back to finish off my Mother's Day project - and I'm off tomorrow to another craft event, yeahhhhh! 

yours truly, B! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Birthday Card

 Have a friend who appreciates the gothic sensibilities? Then dig into your creative spirit and look at the norm through a wonderful, rich and dark prism!  I chose a designer paper with a fab colour set. Next why do butterflies when a moth will be better?  Here Tim Holtz’s Funky Insects die set does the trick. To make it a tad interesting I placed a pocket inside and crafted a ATC which doubled as a coffee gift card holder. A second large tag holds my message. Well crafters, explore your options and enjoy!

Funky Insects Tim Holtz - first projects

  Funky Insects Thinlits Dies (not including bee die shown upper left ) Tim Holtz's Funky Insects are a hoot to play with. I am just playing to discover the million-gazillion ways to colour each bug and not concerned with how to design projects featuring them yet. Here's a tall slimline card, an A2 card and an ATC that l've created so far. To get inspired, you only have to look at the amazing designers that contribute to Tim's Chapter releases such as this year's Chapter 2 release.  To be honest, l was not bothered cutting so many parts for the different insects as l thought l might be....time flew by as l cut batches of the body 'base' and then spent most of my time inking, embossing, painting, etc the wings and body sections. There lies the fun!

Easter "Scallop Circle" Chick Card

Isn't this the cutest!  The second I laid eyes on the card which inspired me - I was OMG !  So I had to do one! IT'S A  EASY - QUICK 5 MIN. PROJECT!  GREAT KIDS PROJECT!  We made ours  after having breakfast  and  in no time flat! Technique: You can see from the pictures that you must fold your cardstock at the 5-1/2 mark, and CUT the Scallop Circle LEAVING A SMALL PART OF THE FOLD OVERHANGING THE CIRCLE OUTLINE - that is how you make a card - and not 2 Scallop Circles. A small scallop punch is cut into wedges - those make up the wings. Punch your other parts, fold the square on the diagonal for its beak, then glue everything on. We highlighted the eyes and beak - voila! Basic Supplies:  CARDSTOCK: 11x8 in. yellow, 1 in square orange scrap, black scrap; BIG SHOT XL BIGZ DIE: Scallop Circle; HAND PUNCHES:  flower, scallop circle (any size), small circle punch; Other:  1" square orange cardstock, white gel pen, glue.