Skip to main content

Make a Card Kit for a Student, Beginner Level.

Hi to all you stampers and crafters!

I am feeling perkier!  Still have to take it easy but I did clean up my awfully messy craft table!  Gosh - what a process that is!  Don't you wish the Crafting Clean-Up Fairies (or Elves - equal opportunist here!) would come in the night and do it for us?

Well - I did have a fire lit up underneath me to do something for  a nice person, as I only had 1 opportunity to see them before Father's Day.  And to show my appreciation to this person, I decided to do it in a round about way and help their son make his own Father's Day card!

So a card kit was born!

I threw the supplies all together, and I took the liberty of doing one or two steps for them. They will assemble everything - and I left it so they have some 'choices' in the final design.

I created a word document to outline instructions, and printed it off and tucked it in with everything.  Here's is how it looked - the separate elements are there including: a card base, two layers for the card front, and several accent pieces including the greeting, and lastly the instructions.





Here is my suggested version - which I included in a illustration I made in the instructions.  But they can do as they wish - maybe put the greeting on the inside?  




Because this is for a young person, I personally coloured the image as it was a bit complicated to do without the right tools - and I was unsure as to what they had.  But there is plenty for them to do to assemble this card - and sign it with a few words, a poem, or add a picture inside......lots of ideas!




Last thing - I embossed a plain envelope with the same design.  I put this all together into a clear cellophane bag and dropped in a fresh glue stick.  So its going to transform into a one-of-a-kind  Father's Day Card that any young person would be happy to give their Dad!   I have found from experience, that young people really appreciate getting some help and LOVE to give their parents a gift, and without costing them money - and the parent(s) are especially THRILLED to find a little appreciation without the need to help the young person themselves.  So its a win-win!

If you have some supplies to make a CARD KIT - why not do it and share with someone who may have nothing in this craft at their disposal.  You'll all appreciate it in some small measure. 

Cheers! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Birthday Card

 Have a friend who appreciates the gothic sensibilities? Then dig into your creative spirit and look at the norm through a wonderful, rich and dark prism!  I chose a designer paper with a fab colour set. Next why do butterflies when a moth will be better?  Here Tim Holtz’s Funky Insects die set does the trick. To make it a tad interesting I placed a pocket inside and crafted a ATC which doubled as a coffee gift card holder. A second large tag holds my message. Well crafters, explore your options and enjoy!

Funky Insects Tim Holtz - first projects

  Funky Insects Thinlits Dies (not including bee die shown upper left ) Tim Holtz's Funky Insects are a hoot to play with. I am just playing to discover the million-gazillion ways to colour each bug and not concerned with how to design projects featuring them yet. Here's a tall slimline card, an A2 card and an ATC that l've created so far. To get inspired, you only have to look at the amazing designers that contribute to Tim's Chapter releases such as this year's Chapter 2 release.  To be honest, l was not bothered cutting so many parts for the different insects as l thought l might be....time flew by as l cut batches of the body 'base' and then spent most of my time inking, embossing, painting, etc the wings and body sections. There lies the fun!

Easter "Scallop Circle" Chick Card

Isn't this the cutest!  The second I laid eyes on the card which inspired me - I was OMG !  So I had to do one! IT'S A  EASY - QUICK 5 MIN. PROJECT!  GREAT KIDS PROJECT!  We made ours  after having breakfast  and  in no time flat! Technique: You can see from the pictures that you must fold your cardstock at the 5-1/2 mark, and CUT the Scallop Circle LEAVING A SMALL PART OF THE FOLD OVERHANGING THE CIRCLE OUTLINE - that is how you make a card - and not 2 Scallop Circles. A small scallop punch is cut into wedges - those make up the wings. Punch your other parts, fold the square on the diagonal for its beak, then glue everything on. We highlighted the eyes and beak - voila! Basic Supplies:  CARDSTOCK: 11x8 in. yellow, 1 in square orange scrap, black scrap; BIG SHOT XL BIGZ DIE: Scallop Circle; HAND PUNCHES:  flower, scallop circle (any size), small circle punch; Other:  1" square orange cardstock, white gel pen, glue.