Skip to main content

Christian Class Cards

It was a real pleasure to welcome some lovely ladies from Glen Ayre Church to one of my classes!  I'd like to give a special and warm welcome to Elinore, Ruth, Louella and Carol!  Here they are minus Ruth who had left when I realized I needed pictures!

Update:  pictures no longer available, sorry. 



Our theme was holiday card projects with a Christian emphasis; and to achieve this, for our first card  I made a greeting framed by the shape of an ornament  using the program,Paint. This greeting exclaimed "Jesus, the true gift of Christmas".   For this project, we used a diorama card in Real Red cardstock. We also used a striped ribbon also in Real Red and White which framed the card nicely.  I love diorama cards because they really look impressive!

Our second card project featured a gate-fold style card held with a belly band.  I printed a poem created by M S Lowndes - which you can download for free at her website with her permission and of course, give her credit! Hi Ms Lowndes!

The poem was turned into a tag and placed in a pocket in the center section, and then flanked by DP either side. A few ornate touches and you have a lovely, lovely card to give someone special!


Here's a close-up of Elinore with her cards....

For a few of the ladies, it was a new experience and I am proud to say they did sooooo very well!
We have a great afternoon, and I am looking forward to my CHOCOLATES and CARDS!  I hope more new ladies come as I find it delightful introducing this hobby to more and more people - its rewarding to see a person enjoy a particular technique, and see their excited over thier card !

Darn, I forgot to take a photo of my darling dog yesterday - our regular craft fair, the Canadian - German fair was here the week-end (which means I enjoy pretzels!) and of course I dressed my dog in his red sparkly bow as I walked him around!  He has such a forgiving personality, lol!

Till my next post,
bye for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Birthday Card

 Have a friend who appreciates the gothic sensibilities? Then dig into your creative spirit and look at the norm through a wonderful, rich and dark prism!  I chose a designer paper with a fab colour set. Next why do butterflies when a moth will be better?  Here Tim Holtz’s Funky Insects die set does the trick. To make it a tad interesting I placed a pocket inside and crafted a ATC which doubled as a coffee gift card holder. A second large tag holds my message. Well crafters, explore your options and enjoy!

Funky Insects Tim Holtz - first projects

  Funky Insects Thinlits Dies (not including bee die shown upper left ) Tim Holtz's Funky Insects are a hoot to play with. I am just playing to discover the million-gazillion ways to colour each bug and not concerned with how to design projects featuring them yet. Here's a tall slimline card, an A2 card and an ATC that l've created so far. To get inspired, you only have to look at the amazing designers that contribute to Tim's Chapter releases such as this year's Chapter 2 release.  To be honest, l was not bothered cutting so many parts for the different insects as l thought l might be....time flew by as l cut batches of the body 'base' and then spent most of my time inking, embossing, painting, etc the wings and body sections. There lies the fun!

Easter "Scallop Circle" Chick Card

Isn't this the cutest!  The second I laid eyes on the card which inspired me - I was OMG !  So I had to do one! IT'S A  EASY - QUICK 5 MIN. PROJECT!  GREAT KIDS PROJECT!  We made ours  after having breakfast  and  in no time flat! Technique: You can see from the pictures that you must fold your cardstock at the 5-1/2 mark, and CUT the Scallop Circle LEAVING A SMALL PART OF THE FOLD OVERHANGING THE CIRCLE OUTLINE - that is how you make a card - and not 2 Scallop Circles. A small scallop punch is cut into wedges - those make up the wings. Punch your other parts, fold the square on the diagonal for its beak, then glue everything on. We highlighted the eyes and beak - voila! Basic Supplies:  CARDSTOCK: 11x8 in. yellow, 1 in square orange scrap, black scrap; BIG SHOT XL BIGZ DIE: Scallop Circle; HAND PUNCHES:  flower, scallop circle (any size), small circle punch; Other:  1" square orange cardstock, white gel pen, glue.