Skip to main content
Hi everyone!

I am still enjoying a laid-back crafting season while focusing on my home. We moved into a new place and started re-decorating in a new style - well, blending old elements with new elements is more like it, and editing out more possessions. Terribly hard at this stage because everything still holds possibilities doesn't it - to an ol' recycler like myself!  Saturday is the rummage sale where we donated a massive amount of our belongings in July and I have been making a new pile to give them tomorrow. So tonight is all about digging through things and being tough [meanwhile I found the most amazing ceramic lamps discarded....I am going to do something awesome with them I know it!]...but we'll see how well I've done in awhile, only time will tell!

Since Christmas is on my mind.....[I know Halloween hasn't happened, but you know we really start planning with Christmas, really we do!...:)]

So to the point of this post!  I am spiraling around on the internet - as I start with one interest [christmas rubber stamps] and somehow it leads to all sorts of interesting pages on different topics!  One such deviation led to searching about wreaths.....when I found a comment about the poinsettia! More specifically about CARRIBEAN POINSETTIAS.

Turns out, we Northerners have no real idea about the potential of poinsettias since we normally seem satisfied with the potted variety and then we discard them, or you see half-hearted attempts to let them grow on....lost on a window shelf somewhere. Nothing exciting at all!

But look at this picture!  The plant can grow into a bush like this....looks like a tree to me!  Isn't it fab!
Sort of looks like a Dr. Seuss tree doesn't it?

I quess I've just clued in to what many people down South know very well - that this is an awesome plant!   Respect! Lol :)

And of course - this is typical of what we would do with it....!
 Anyways, back to my digs!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Birthday Card

 Have a friend who appreciates the gothic sensibilities? Then dig into your creative spirit and look at the norm through a wonderful, rich and dark prism!  I chose a designer paper with a fab colour set. Next why do butterflies when a moth will be better?  Here Tim Holtz’s Funky Insects die set does the trick. To make it a tad interesting I placed a pocket inside and crafted a ATC which doubled as a coffee gift card holder. A second large tag holds my message. Well crafters, explore your options and enjoy!

Funky Insects Tim Holtz - first projects

  Funky Insects Thinlits Dies (not including bee die shown upper left ) Tim Holtz's Funky Insects are a hoot to play with. I am just playing to discover the million-gazillion ways to colour each bug and not concerned with how to design projects featuring them yet. Here's a tall slimline card, an A2 card and an ATC that l've created so far. To get inspired, you only have to look at the amazing designers that contribute to Tim's Chapter releases such as this year's Chapter 2 release.  To be honest, l was not bothered cutting so many parts for the different insects as l thought l might be....time flew by as l cut batches of the body 'base' and then spent most of my time inking, embossing, painting, etc the wings and body sections. There lies the fun!

Easter "Scallop Circle" Chick Card

Isn't this the cutest!  The second I laid eyes on the card which inspired me - I was OMG !  So I had to do one! IT'S A  EASY - QUICK 5 MIN. PROJECT!  GREAT KIDS PROJECT!  We made ours  after having breakfast  and  in no time flat! Technique: You can see from the pictures that you must fold your cardstock at the 5-1/2 mark, and CUT the Scallop Circle LEAVING A SMALL PART OF THE FOLD OVERHANGING THE CIRCLE OUTLINE - that is how you make a card - and not 2 Scallop Circles. A small scallop punch is cut into wedges - those make up the wings. Punch your other parts, fold the square on the diagonal for its beak, then glue everything on. We highlighted the eyes and beak - voila! Basic Supplies:  CARDSTOCK: 11x8 in. yellow, 1 in square orange scrap, black scrap; BIG SHOT XL BIGZ DIE: Scallop Circle; HAND PUNCHES:  flower, scallop circle (any size), small circle punch; Other:  1" square orange cardstock, white gel pen, glue.