Skip to main content

Holiday Cards using your stash!

Happy Holidays !!!  

How are you doing in your holiday count-down?  Good I hope :)

My style of creating cards evolves over a period of weeks as I prioritize according to: distance to mail and who'll we will be seeing first; along with how labour-intensive the cards are. Meanwhile there are the local community good-will cards - these are simple designs so I can crank them out as I move along and give them out leisurely.   

Each year I lovingly lay out my crafting space...new supplies all lay waiting to make my annual DIY holiday cards - something I like to do first thing in the morning with my first coffee - before the dog wakes up, lol.  Generally I plot out a plan for designs beginning early - think August!

And it never goes to plan.

This time, while digging around in my supply closet I discovered a box of left-over bits from years ago, and I thought " Holy Hannah! I've GOT to use these supplies up! "  

So today's topic is ' Using Your Stash ' !!!  

Here's my first card made from some old card mats featuring an embossed frame.  I also brought out my older Stampin' Up! ORNAMENT PUNCH [retired] - just like ol' times!  


Here's a closer look.....



Next up are some simple tags featuring Stampin' Up!'s [retired] Stocking Punch......and the fun part, was there were a few dozen of these I had punched out....all different patterned paper.  So I gathered them up and spread them out on a table, and within minutes I had chose pairs and attached them to small mats of cardstock.  Afterwards, I took some decorative corner scissors and made rounded  tags of them - presto!  I may add some lip balms to these to turn them into the gifts I hand out to the gals at the coffee shop :)


So there they are.....and I have another project to share soon using more of my oldies-but-goodies!

Keep up the pace everyone - we'll do it, cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Birthday Card

 Have a friend who appreciates the gothic sensibilities? Then dig into your creative spirit and look at the norm through a wonderful, rich and dark prism!  I chose a designer paper with a fab colour set. Next why do butterflies when a moth will be better?  Here Tim Holtz’s Funky Insects die set does the trick. To make it a tad interesting I placed a pocket inside and crafted a ATC which doubled as a coffee gift card holder. A second large tag holds my message. Well crafters, explore your options and enjoy!

Funky Insects Tim Holtz - first projects

  Funky Insects Thinlits Dies (not including bee die shown upper left ) Tim Holtz's Funky Insects are a hoot to play with. I am just playing to discover the million-gazillion ways to colour each bug and not concerned with how to design projects featuring them yet. Here's a tall slimline card, an A2 card and an ATC that l've created so far. To get inspired, you only have to look at the amazing designers that contribute to Tim's Chapter releases such as this year's Chapter 2 release.  To be honest, l was not bothered cutting so many parts for the different insects as l thought l might be....time flew by as l cut batches of the body 'base' and then spent most of my time inking, embossing, painting, etc the wings and body sections. There lies the fun!

Easter "Scallop Circle" Chick Card

Isn't this the cutest!  The second I laid eyes on the card which inspired me - I was OMG !  So I had to do one! IT'S A  EASY - QUICK 5 MIN. PROJECT!  GREAT KIDS PROJECT!  We made ours  after having breakfast  and  in no time flat! Technique: You can see from the pictures that you must fold your cardstock at the 5-1/2 mark, and CUT the Scallop Circle LEAVING A SMALL PART OF THE FOLD OVERHANGING THE CIRCLE OUTLINE - that is how you make a card - and not 2 Scallop Circles. A small scallop punch is cut into wedges - those make up the wings. Punch your other parts, fold the square on the diagonal for its beak, then glue everything on. We highlighted the eyes and beak - voila! Basic Supplies:  CARDSTOCK: 11x8 in. yellow, 1 in square orange scrap, black scrap; BIG SHOT XL BIGZ DIE: Scallop Circle; HAND PUNCHES:  flower, scallop circle (any size), small circle punch; Other:  1" square orange cardstock, white gel pen, glue.